WHAT IS 5 CARD POKER?
- 5 Card Poker is one of the simplest games in the poker family.
- It is played with a standard deck of cards.
- The main objective of the game is to have a better hand than the dealer with only having the 5 cards dealt.
- There is also a rule through which you may exchange 1 or 2 cards while playing for a better hand. This can only be performed once.
HOW TO PLAY?
- You begin this game by placing an initial bet on the table using chips.
- Then you and the dealer get five cards each. With one dealer card facing up.
- After this, you may choose to see your cards and continue to play by placing another bet of 2x the initial bet, on top of your cards, face down.
- You may also choose to fold and leave the game at this point.
- Next, the dealer reveals his/her hand. If your hand is better than the dealer’s hand you win.
- There are many odds of winning in this game as well.
RULES TO KNOW
- 5 Card poker is a game played against the dealer, independent of the other players on the table.
- In 5 Card Poker, there are 2 betting options. These include Ante and Bet.
Ante is the first bet you place before the cards are dealt. During this time the players also have an additional chance to play for the Jackpot Bonus. To do so, you must place your bet amount in the Jackpot Bonus box.
After seeing your hand you can place an additional bet equal to the initial bet amount. This is known as Bet. To place a bet you need to keep your cards face down and the 2x bet amount on top of them, in the Bet box labeled on the table.
- If you check and find out that you have been dealt bad cards, you can choose to fold and leave the game. By doing so, you will forfeit your initial bet or ante and the jackpot bonus amount.
- In 5 Card Poker, there is also an added option of exchanging a maximum of 2 cards each for the price of an Ante bet. You perform this exchange if you think your cards can be in a better sequence by exchanging two cards. You also forfeit the jackpot bonus when doing an exchange.
- The dealer must have an Ace and King combination or better to qualify to play the round. If the dealer doesn’t qualify, it will result in a ‘Push’ irrespective of the player’s hand.
- Ante is always paid even money, if the dealer qualifies bets are paid out according to the odds.
- For instance, if a player has a ‘Flush’, the payout will be 1x the ante bet amount and 5x the bet amount.
- The descending order in which the card combinations are ranked is Royale Flush, Straight Flush, Four of a Kind, Full House, Flush, Straight, Three of a Kind, Two Pairs, One Pair, and High Card.
Royale Flush is when the player has the five cards Ace, Jack, King, Queen, and 10 in the same suit. The payout on winning with a Royale Flush is even money on the ante and 100x the bet amount. This is the highest rank in a game of 5 Card Poker.
Straight Flush is when the player has five cards of the same suit in a sequence. The payout on winning with a Straight Flush is even money on the ante and 50x the bet amount placed.
Four of a Kind is when the player has four cards of the same value or rank. The payout on winning with a four of Kind is even money on the ante and 20x the bet amount.
Full House is when the player has three of a kind with a pair among the five cards dealt. The payout on winning is 7x the bet amount and even money on the ante bet.
Flush is when the player has five cards of the same suit but not in any given sequence. The payout for winning with Flush is 5x the bet amount and even money on the ante bet.
Straight is when the player has five cards in a sequence but they are not of the same suit. The payout on winning with a Straight is 4x the bet amount and even money on the ante bet. ‘Ace, 2, 3, 4, and 5’ is the smallest straight or straight flush hands.
Three of a Kind is when three cards of the player are of the same value and the other two are not. The payout on winning with a Three of a Kind is even money on the ante, 3x the bet amount.
Two Pairs are when the player has two pairs of cards in the same rank, and one card is different. The payout on winning with a two-pair is 2x the bet amount and even money on the ante.
One Pair is when the player has two cards of the same rank or value and the other three cards are in no given sequence. The payout on winning with one pair is even money on the ante and the bet amount.
Ace/King is the lowest ranking combination in 5 Card Poker. It is the minimum rank to qualify. When both the dealer and the player have an Ace/King, the winning depends on the value of the other card of the highest value. The payout on winning with Ace/King is even money on the ante and the bet amount.
The additional Jackpot Bonuses are paid irrespective of winning against the dealer or the dealer qualifying. And the payout is 100x on Royale Flush, 25x on Straight Flush, 15x on Four of a Kind, 10x on Full House, 5x for Flush, 4x for a straight, 2x for a two pair, and 1x on a pair or Ace/King.
Disclaimer: All information contained on this page is for educational purposes only. Aslambettingtipsfree is not liable for any inaccuracies in the Details mentioned below. Any mismatch is purely unintentional.